It is a branch of science that aims to increase the lifetime of the individual by bringing the aesthetics and function of teeth and jaws to the ideal.
It is possible to perform these treatments at any age when there are disorders such as crowding, malocclusion or asymmetrical appearance in the teeth. There have been important innovations in orthodontic treatment methods in recent years. Thanks to transparent wires and porcelain brackets, it is possible to apply orthodontic treatment almost without any indication of braces.
Uzman Sağlık Danışmanımız sizinle en kısa sürede iletişime geçecektir…
It is a branch of dentistry that examines, diagnoses, prevents and treats occlusion disorders and how the positions of the teeth in the jaws are formed. It consists of the Greek word “orthos”, correcting, straightening “odontos” means teeth.
Dentists dealing with orthodontics are called “Orthodontics” or “Ordodontics Specialists”. Orthodontics use regulating devices called “appliances” to reorder and position the teeth. Curved and crooked teeth, protruding protruding teeth, protruding protruding teeth are treated with “orthodontic appliances”.
- Many orthodontic problems are inherited
- Environmental factors can also cause orthodontic problems.
- Crowded teeth are difficult to clean.
- Malocclusion; It causes speech and chewing problems, excessive pressure on the bone and gum tissue, as well as abnormal erosion of the teeth, as a result of all these problems in the jaw joint.
- Smiling has a significant impact on an individual’s psychology.
- When laughing, they try to close their mouths with their hands or by tightening their lips.
- Provide good chewing, speech and respiratory function
- To provide good teeth, jaw and facial aesthetics
- Ensuring that the condition reached as a result of orthodontic treatment is permanent (retantion), preventing relapse (occurrence of disorder again)
- Therefore, to improve the mental health and morale of the patient.
- Movable appliances
- Functional appliances
- Fixed appliances
- Reinforcement Apparatus
- These are the palate holders made in a way that can be attached and removed by the patient.
- These are orthodontic appliances that can create bending movements to the teeth in anterior-posterior or lateral directions, and direct the amount of application of teeth or tooth groups.
- These are appliances that aim to change the position and function of the jaws and apply force to the teeth and jaws.
- Treatments that are attached to the teeth that cannot be removed by the patient.
- Preserving the beauty achieved in orthodontic treatments requires at least as much labor as obtaining it.
- Tooth braces and brackets attached to teeth do not rot teeth; they simply create an environment where food residues are more and more easily held.
- With orthodontic toothbrush and interface brushes, the patient cleans the mouth and teeth.
Early diagnosis is of great importance, as some problems can be treated more easily at an early age.
Timely intervention allows to prevent serious problems that may occur later.
It’s not too late to start
- Today, as the number of individuals with healthy teeth increases, the rate of orthodontic treatment in adult age also increases.
- Orthodontic treatment is never too late for a healthy smile.